Friday, July 30, 2010

The Pen-Loovah



I always had this weird fascination for Pens. Whenever I'm in a bookstore, I halt at the school supplies section eyeing on the array of pens before me. It was heaven for me really, for then and there, I would imagine everything in slow-mo, while a clouded memory of myself swimming in a pool of pens recurrently played in my head. Different colors and ball-points, I didn't care, I just had to have it all. I know its freaky but I guess this abnormal passion boils down to my fascination for writing. And here I am, attempting to make an imprint and bring justice to all the pens that just dried-up and prooved to be insignificant without me even using it. I collected all the pens in the world, some even stupidly lucrative, but it didn't satisfy me at all. Then one day,when my most expensive pen dried-out on me I realized that pens were mere objects, it would only serve its purpose if used wisely. Nothing is permanent in this world indeed but the writings of great men will remain for eons and eons to come.


My fascination remains up to date but this time, I want to make a difference starting with this blog. I may not be a Shakespeare in the making but believe it or not I am like him in a huge way. I have this burning desire within me and I am ready to set it free;b

No comments:

Post a Comment